A company spokesperson confirmed to CNN that the video had been taken down as a result of its copyright policy.
Brian Caplan, an attorney for Grant, told CNN on Tuesday evening that “the removal of the video does not diminish the damages that have been sustained by reason of the two copyright infringements at issue. The tweet was sent to millions of President Trump’s Twitter account followers and then retweeted a significant amount of times.”
“Neither the President nor his reelection campaign team gave any defense to their wrongful conduct,” Caplan said.
The video ends with letters spelling out “Biden Train” falling off the screen.
In the letter, Collins wrote “as a result of your wrongful unauthorized Infringing Use in connection with your controversial political campaign, substantial damage and irreparable harm has occurred and will continue to occur to my client and his reputation as an artist when affiliated in any way with your campaign.”
Collins added that the use of Grant’s music indicates “a fundamental misunderstanding of the very meaning of the underlying work.”
Grant said in a statement following the cease and desist letter “I call upon such arbiter, as is responsible for this sordid abuse, to come forward like a man and let’s sort this thing out, in the way that America demands when such issues are to be sorted, especially when they are wrong.”
“Mr. Trump, I am calling on you. You are the final arbiter and I await the word from you.”
CNN’s Rob McLean contributed to this report.